Deep Silver has announced that Nine Dots Studio will release a brand new free content update for Outward, which brings a handful of new content such as Permadeath and Poutine! The update is only available for PC players with a release for Xbox One coming soon.
Here’s what CEO of Nine Dots Studio, Guillaume Boucher-Vidal, had to say:
“I never took for granted that Outward would perform well, but we wanted to trust the players’ ability to learn and adapt. I’m so glad that it paid off and it makes us that much more confident for our future development efforts.”
Here’s a list of the new content to be available in the update:
- Hardcore mode with the Permadeath option (also deletes save game!)
- Hidden endgame boss fights
- Vastly improved legacy chest system
- More end game items
- Added the following languages (text only): Polish, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Simplified), Portuguese (Brazil), Turkish
- Addition of an Unarmed attack
- Poutine! The Quebec super food!