Every Sunday join me (Gamertag iisdalaw) and the gang for a chill-out gaming session in a rather different unwind with a cup of coffee kind of approach.
If you’re like me, lay ins just don’t happen on a Sunday, whether that be because you’re an early riser and always will be, suffer from insomnia, or have work shift patterns that mess with sleep. Sometimes we need a little something game-wise, but aren’t quite in the mood for an all guns blazing play through.
I prefer an easy chill out game from time to time and it certainly fits my way of life on a Sunday. Sometimes there’s nothing better than sitting there when things are all quiet with a nice cup of coffee and a game that doesn’t involve too much effort.
But do you know what’s even better, inviting a like-minded friend!
So, with that all that said, every Sunday from 7 am UK, I invite you to join me in a chosen game from Game Pass, a game that has featured on Games with Gold, or a Free to Play title.
This Sunday’s (2nd August) title, Sea of Thieves
So, make your coffee and join me out at sea. There will be plenty of adventure, treasure and sea monsters, I promise!
And like every Sunday session, it will be a very relaxed game, so we may just end up playing instruments and having a good chinwag.
Please, please, feel free to drop by, join our Xbox live party or my personal stream via Twitch and have a natter with a cuppa whilst playing this fun game!
Here’s a little something about the game….
Sea of Thieves
A New Golden Age Begins… Sea of Thieves is a multiplayer, shared-world adventure game where the famous ideals of the pirate life – freedom, wild adventure, self-expression and loyalty – live on. This Anniversary Edition goes even further, presenting an expanded Sea of Thieves with a host of free new content and features released during a prolific first year. This includes features added during major updates such as The Hungering Deep, Cursed Sails, Forsaken Shores and Shrouded Spoils, plus two exciting new arrivals announced on the game’s anniversary, The Arena and Tall Tales – Shores of Gold. Altogether, these bring in new enemies, new activities, new locations, new features and a whole new competitive game mode. This is Sea of Thieves enhanced and packing more piracy than ever before!
Just a few of the extras included in the Anniversary Edition are:
• Immersive new story experience in Tall Tales – Shores of Gold
• Dedicated new mode for competitive play in The Arena
• New fishing, hunting and cooking capabilities
• New multi-functional ship-mounted harpoon
• More Trading Companies and voyage types
• Skeleton Ships and Cursed Cannonballs
• Megalodon enemies and loot drops for creatures
• An expanded world with volcanic natural hazards
• The Anniversary Edition also includes the free Sea Dog Pack Set Sail for Adventure…
Sea of Thieves offers the essential pirate experience, packed to the seams with sailing and exploring, fighting and plundering, riddle-solving and treasure-hunting – everything you need to live the pirate life you’ve always dreamed about. With no set roles, you have complete freedom to approach the world, and other players, however you choose.
This shared-world experience allows you to play solo or form a crew, meeting other players on the seas and choosing to be friends or foes. Will you form a grand alliance, or plunder treasure from the unwary?
Play your own way and create a legend to be remembered. Set in a glorious piratical world of exotic islands, hidden treasures and dangers both natural and supernatural, Sea of Thieves offers something for everyone, no matter how they like to play:
• A world of exploration – set sail upon a vast, open ocean, venturing into new regions and discovering the secrets of unspoiled islands and sunken ships. Hunt for treasure by following maps and untangling riddles, and learn to expect the unexpected…
• A world of excitement – engage in ship-to-ship crew battles with cannon, pistol and cutlass, pursuing rival ships through raging storms. Sail in pursuit of deadly skeleton bounties or ferry cargo through hostile waters where Skeleton Ships and sea monsters await!
• A world we sail together – whether you’re playing alongside friends, matchmaking to find a crew or setting out as a lone wolf pirate, you’ll have hilarious, memorable encounters in a world where any sail on the horizon could be another crew of real players.
• A world of achievement – on your quest to become a Pirate Legend you’ll amass loot, build a reputation and customise your ship (and yourself) with hard-earned rewards.
• A world of surprises – Sea of Thieves now includes all the benefits of the Anniversary Edition, including more enemies, new locations, extra features and activities, enriched storylines and a competitive game mode!
More to Discover…
Sea of Thieves: Anniversary Edition includes all the permanent content released for the game during its first year. Enjoy features introduced in past updates, plus brand new additions such as fishing, cooking and the harpoon. Encounter the fearsome Megalodon, do battle with Skeleton Ships that fire Cursed Cannonballs and explore the treacherous but lucrative Devil’s Roar region!
Also included are The Arena and Tall Tales – Shores of Gold, both debuting as part of Sea of Thieves’ anniversary celebrations. The Arena introduces dedicated competitive play for the sporting pirate who likes to test their skill, whilst Tall Tales – Shores of Gold brings a host of new storylines to the world, delving deeper into the lore of this mysterious pirate paradise.
Includes the Sea Dog Pack!
For the aspiring pirate looking to shape their own legend, the Sea Dog Pack offers an excellent helping hand. Whether you want to show off in The Arena or just be the talk of the tavern, the Sea Dog Pack can make you a picture-perfect pirate with colourful cosmetics and a boost to your in-game currency. The Sea Dog Pack includes the Sea Dog Hat, Jacket, Cutlass, Pistol, Compass, Ship Sails and 10,000 gold!