For the first anniversary of Horizon Chase Turbo, Aquiris has released a new campaign aimed for new players. The update titled Rookie Series includes a bevvy of new and fresh content:
- A brand new Rookie car
- 24 selected races from the World Tour Mode (2 races per location)
- 12 cars racing in each track with a less aggressive AI (World Tour has 20 cars in each race)
- No leaderboards, collectible coins nor fuel management
- Finishing a race in any position unlocks the next track
- By finishing every race, the player gets a Golden Driver’s License
Horizon Chase Turbo: Rookie Series unlocks Rookie, a brand new car that is perfect for newcomers to racing games. It offers great handling and receives automatic upgrades as the player progresses in the campaign. Once they feel they have a grasp of the game, they can choose among other 4 classic cars from the base game and unlocking new tracks by finishing each available race. Players can also freely return to each race in order to improve their results.
When completing the Rookie Series, players will unlock a special Golden Driver’s License which confirms that they are ready for the World Tour.
Here’s what Aquiris Studio Game Designer, Felipe Dal Molin, had to say:
“We created Horizon Chase Turbo to be the racing game we wanted to play, hitting the sweet spot between true-to-life simulators and chaotic, explosive kart racers. With Horizon Chase Turbo, we want players to feel the nostalgic tension of the simple tug-of-war of a tight turn; where players are run off-road for a split second only to return to intense high-speed action as they overtake and battle against friends playing together on the couch or via the online ghost mode.”